Sunday, March 22, 2015

How to keep in shape (or try to) at home

When I was a home maker, my husband and I used to go for a walk every morning with the kids. (My husband was studying at that time.) We stopped at two different play grounds so that kids could play. Our walks took two hours (the actual walking part took one hour). Also I used to attend an aerobics class at least once a week.

When I returned to work, keeping in shape has actually been more challenging. I just don't have time to go for walks or to attend exercise classes. I want to spend my free time with my family. The kids are too big to sit in a stroller for an hour (and too heavy for me to push them around). 

My solution has been a cross trainer, the 7-minutes workout and a program with stretching exercises. I use our cross trainer twice a week for 30 minutes while the kids watch kid's program from TV and I watch my favorite shows from the computer (at the moment my favorite TV show is Doc Martin). After that I do the 7-minutes workout and the stretching program. I have downloaded the exercise program to my tablet. I try to do the 7-minutes workout every evening. I got the idea after reading about it's effectiveness. I think that it really works. I started doing it last July. I almost always watch TV while exercising. Seven minutes every day is not much...

These are the programs that I use: 


No comments:

Post a Comment